The Spanx Story What's Underneath the Incredible success of Sara Blakely's Billion Dollar Empire
- Autor: Charlie Wetzel e Stephanie Wetzel
- Narrador: Hayley Cresswell
- Editor: HarperCollins Leadership
- Duración: 3:58:48
What can you learn from the most successful companies in the world? The Spanx Story will help you understand and adopt the competitive strategies, workplace culture, and daily business practices that enabled entrepreneur Sara Blakely to dominate the shapewear industry and become a billionaire.
Sara Blakely had a problem. She had a beautiful pair of white designer pants hanging in her closet just calling out to her to wear them, even though they accented her least favorite feature: cellulite. After searching high and low for a solution and coming up empty, an idea was born: Spanx.
The Spanx Story chronicles Sara’s journey from long nights researching patent and trademark law, to years of cold shoulders she received from the titans of the pantyhose industry, to the cold call that led to the shelves of Nieman Marcus. It was a long road of incredible hard work and determination that led Spanx to become the iconic brand it is today.
This book educates and inspires entrepreneurs and innovators to find the problem for their solutions and persevere through all of the hard work that goes into building a billion-dollar company. Through Sara’s story, you will learn:
- How to develop an idea and turn it into a business.
- How to start a company with very little capital by thinking outside of the box and dedicating every spare moment to your goal.
- How to recognize when it’s better to hire a CEO than to be the CEO.
- And, how to stay the course and continue to believe in your idea, despite naysayers and going against an industry resistant to innovation.
Chapter 0Duración: 01min
Chapter 1Duración: 12min
Chapter 2Duración: 36min
Chapter 3Duración: 31min
Chapter 4Duración: 34min
Chapter 5Duración: 28min
Chapter 6Duración: 37min
Chapter 7Duración: 44min
Chapter 8Duración: 11min